Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Paper Towel Replacements

I've been busy tonight sewing 'family cloths' aka cloth 'paper' towels. We keep a dish towel handy for drying our clean hands. But sometimes (a lot of the time here) we don't want to use that 'clean' towel for something, so we'll reach for the ole disposable paper towels. Not any more. I've just sewed our first batch of flannel family cloths to be used in place of paper towels.

I'm going to sew some sort of container to put the dirties in too... I have to make this as easy and convenient as possible for it to work with the boys. I'm thinking of making a huge oven mit that hangs right by the washer to toss them in... (My kitchen and laundry room are side by side) Any other ideas? I could use a girls dress and just sew the bottom closed and toss the dirties into the neck opening... Hmmm... Brainstorm time.

1 comment:

Jen said...

When you coming over to help me make some?!?! I have been trying to figure out how to make them and something to hang them in. I did find a WAHM that makes and sells bags to hang the dirties in. So, come on over with your boys and your skills and lets get busy!