Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Homemade Ice Pad, Heating Pads

Last week Taylor had a friend over and she fell and bumped her head. So, I did what I've always done; I grabbed a ziploc bag, filled it with ice and placed it on her head. That got me thinking about what I can do to get the same result without the ziploc. I could put the ice in a towel with a rubber band to hold the ice in one spot... But that would get her wet and she wouldn't like it. Plus, that wouldn't help much for heating needs, ya know, to help with these sore muscles of mine. Then I remembered these cherry seed bags that you could freeze or microwave and keep reusing. Well, I don't have cherry seeds.

So, I hopped on google and found that rice has the same qualities and effects. It will hold heat/cold just as good as cherry seeds.

I pulled out the ole sewing machine and I made a blue one to keep in the freezer and a red one to put in the microwave.



Never again will I use a ziploc as an ice pack!

No comments: